Business directories are a great way to promote your business and reach new customers since directories can be used to find contact information for businesses, get directions, and learn more about the services and products they offer.
If you want to get your business listed, we have compiled a list of the 2022 top 50 Australian Business Directory. These directories will help increase your online visibility and reach new customers.
But first, let's define a business directory and its benefits to your business.
What is a Business Directory?
A business directory is a listing of businesses within a given category. Businesses can be categorized by location, type of business, or other factors. A directory can be either online or offline, and many directories are now available in both formats.
If you're looking for a specific type of business, a directory can be a great way to find what you're looking for. For example, if you're looking for a new restaurant to try, you could use a directory to find restaurants in your area. You can also use a directory to find businesses that offer products or services that you're interested in.
Benefits of Listing Your Business in Directories
If you own a business, big or small, listing it in online directories can be highly beneficial. Here are just a few reasons why:
1. Increased Visibility and Traffic
By listing your business in online directories, you increase your chances of being seen by potential customers. People searching for businesses like yours will be able to find you more quickly, increasing traffic to your website and physical location.
2. Improved Search Engine Rankings
In addition to increased visibility, listing your business can also help improve your search engine rankings. This is because search engines index many directories, so having your business listed on them can give you a boost in the search results.
3. Greater credibility and trustworthiness
When you list your business in an online directory, it can help give you more credibility and make your services or products appear more trustworthy. This is because potential customers will see that your business is listed on a reputable site and that others have found value in it.
4. Increased backlinks
Another benefit of listing your business is that it can help increase the number of backlinks to your website. It is important because backlinks are one of the factors that search engines use to determine a website's ranking.
2022 Top 50 Australian Business Directory
1. Google Business Profile: https://www.google.com/business
2. Apple Maps: https://www.apple.com/au/maps
3. Yelp: https://www.yelp.com.au
4. Yellow Pages: https://www.yellowpages.com.au
5. True Local: https://www.truelocal.com.au
6. Tripadvisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com.au
7. Brownbook: https://www.brownbook.net
8. Infobel: https://www.infobel.com/en/australia
9. Mumbrella: https://mumbrella.com.au
10. White Pages: https://www.whitepages.com.au
11. Hotfrog: https://www.hotfrog.com.au
12. Bing Places: https://www.bingplaces.com
13. Showmelocal: https://au.showmelocal.com
14. Enroll Business: https://au.enrollbusiness.com
15. Start Local: https://www.startlocal.com.au
16. Word of Mouth: https://www.wordofmouth.com.au
17. My Huckleberry: http://australia.myhuckleberry.com
18. Localsearch: https://www.localsearch.com.au
19. Dlook: https://www.dlook.com.au
20. Cylex: https://www.cylex-australia.com
21. Aussie Web: https://www.aussieweb.com.au
22. Super Pages: https://www.superpages.com.au
23. PureLocal: https://www.purelocal.com.au
24. Australian Planet: https://www.australianplanet.com
25. Local Business Guide: https://www.localbusinessguide.com.au
26. Business Listings: http://www.businesslistings.net.au
27. Localbd: http://www.localbd.com.au
28. Fyple: https://www.fyple.biz
29. Pink Pages: https://pinkpages.com.au
30. ZipLocal: https://ziplocal.com
31. Australian Guide: http://www.australianguide.net
32. Opendi: https://www.opendi.com.au
33. Searchfrog: https://searchfrog.com.au
34. Tuugo: https://www.tuugo.biz
35. National Directory: https://nationaldirectory.com.au
36. Yalwa: https://www.yalwa.com.au
37. Come on Aussie: https://directory.coais.com
38. OzBusiness: https://www.ozbusiness.com.au
38. Aussie Hours: https://aussie-hours.com
39. MisterWhat: https://www.misterwhat-au.com
40. ZipLeaf: https://au.zipleaf.com
41. Australia Online Advertising: https://australiaonlineadvertising.com.au
42. Oneflare: https://www.oneflare.com.au
43. Local: https://www.local.com.au
44. LivePages: http://www.livepages.com.au
45: Nationwide Business: http://www.nationwide.com.au
46. Websitelink: https://websitelink.com.au
47. AtozPages: https://www.atozpages.com.au
48. Find Business Online: https://www.findbusinessonline.com.au
49. Yellowbook: http://www.yellowbook.com.au
50. 2findlocal: https://www.2findlocal.com/en/au
How to Create a Listing on a Directory Site?
Find the right directory site
There are many different directory sites out there. Some are general, while others focus on specific industries or businesses. Spend some time researching which directory site would be the best fit for you.
Create a strong profile
Once you've found the right directory site, it's time to create your listing. Make sure you include all the essential information about your business, such as your name, contact information, and a brief description of what you do.
Use keywords wisely
When creating your listing, use keywords that people might use when searching for a business like yours. It will help ensure that your listing comes up when people search for businesses like yours.
Promote your listing
Once you've created your listing, make sure you promote it. You can do this by sharing the listing on social media, sending out an email to your contacts, or even creating a blog post about it.