If you're a marketer looking for a fast, convenient, and personal way to reach your customers in 2022, SMS marketing is a great option you can use.
SMS marketing is a form of direct marketing that uses text messages to promote products or services. Most businesses nowadays use SMS marketing to reach out to their target audience with special offers, coupons, reminders, and more. In fact, studies have shown that SMS messages have a 99% open rate and a 45% click-through rate. This only proves that SMS never gets old, and even though there are now new other ways to reach out to your customers, you can still incorporate SMS into your marketing strategies.
To get started… here are the 5 SMS Marketing Strategies you can use to leverage your marketing efforts.
1. Keep your messages short and sweet
With the average attention span of a human being now shorter than that of a goldfish, it's no surprise that people are more likely to engage with a message that is short and to the point. Here are some tips to make sure your messages are short and sweet:
- Make sure they are no longer than 160 characters. This is because people are used to reading text messages quickly, and they're often doing other things at the same time. So, don't write a novel - aim for something brief and to the point.
- Make sure your message is clear. Ambiguous or confusing messages are not likely to capture anyone's attention.
- Avoid using any Jargon, instead, use a conversational tone in your messages.
2. Personalize your messages
When it comes to SMS marketing, personalization is key. Your customers are much more likely to engage with a message that feels like it's meant specifically for them. And when they do engage, that interaction can lead to valuable conversions down the line. There are a few different ways you can personalize your SMS messages:
- Address your recipients by name and include other relevant information.
- You can also segment your customer's list and send targeted messages to different groups. For example, you might send a special offer to new customers or send exclusive content to VIP customers.
Remember that personalized messages have been shown to perform better than generic ones, so it's worth taking the time to tailor your SMS marketing campaigns to your specific target audience.
3. Use compelling call-to-action
The call to action is one of the most important aspects of your SMS marketing campaign. It is what drives customers to take action and convert into sales or leads. Without a strong call to action, your SMS marketing campaign will be less effective and may even fail. So, whether it's clicking on a link, visiting your store, or making a purchase, make sure your call-to-action is specific and easy to follow.
When creating a call-to-action, there are a few things you need to keep in mind:
- Make it clear what you want customers to do.
- Use persuasive language such as "act now" or "limited time only."
- Offer a discount, free shipping, or a freebie for taking action.
4. Know YOUR customers
If you're not catering to your customer's specific needs, they're likely to go elsewhere. That’s why it’s important to get to know your customers and what they want before you launch an SMS marketing campaign.
That means learning as much as you can about their demographics, interests, and buying habits. Once you have that information, you can create targeted campaigns that are more likely to resonate with them.
One way to do this is by using CRM or Customer’s Relationship Management tools to measure the effectiveness of your messages.
- Konnected CRM is built for marketing and leads management for business. Furthermore, it is the first-ever all-in-one sales and marketing platform that will give you the tools, support, and resources you need to succeed with your business.
- Pipedrive is a sales-focused CRM that focuses on sales activities and lead management.
- Hubspot offers several tools for your business activities. Their Sales Hub software allows you to manage and communicate your leads. Hubspot also offers free subscriptions for small businesses.
5. Timing is everything
It's no secret that timing is important in marketing. After all, you wouldn't want to send a sale announcement to your customers after the sale has ended. The same goes for SMS marketing - timing is everything!
Here are a few things you need to keep in mind when sending out your SMS:
- Make sure you're sending your messages at a time when your customers are likely to be awake and able to read them. Depending on your customer base, this could be early in the morning, during lunchtime, or even late at night.
- Consider the day of the week when sending out your SMS marketing messages. Monday mornings, for example, are often very busy for people as they're getting back into the swing of things after the weekend. As such, you might want to avoid sending messages during this time.
- Timing is also important in terms of special events and holidays. If you know your customers are likely to be busy with family or other commitments, it's best to avoid sending messages during these times.
By taking the time to consider the timing of your SMS marketing messages, you can ensure that they're more likely to be read and responded to by your customers. And that's the whole point of SMS marketing - to engage with your customers and encourage them to take action!