If you're a business owner, you probably understand the importance of SEO. After all, improving your website for search engines may significantly grow your company or agency. But we frequently hear: where should I begin?
SEO can be complex and time-consuming, but it's worth it if you want your business to be visible online. The perfect place to start improving your rankings is with an SEO Audit.
Are you ready? Let’s get started!!
What is an SEO Audit?
An SEO audit is a comprehensive analysis of your website's Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) performance. It can help you identify opportunities and strategies for improving your site's ranking on search engine results pages (SERPs).
When conducting an SEO audit, you will want to examine various aspects of your website, including your website's structure, content, link profile, and more. By doing so, you can find any potential issues that may be holding your website back from achieving its full potential in the SERPs. Once you have identified these issues, you can then work on addressing them so that your website can start ranking higher in the SERPs.
If you are not sure how to conduct an SEO audit, you can always hire an SEO agency to help you. However, if you want to save money, you can also find many helpful resources online that can guide you through the audit process.
The Benefits of an SEO Audit
1. Look for any issues that might be holding your website back. An SEO analysis can assist you in regaining search engine visibility. The following are some typical problems that an SEO audit may uncover:
- Poorly optimised title tags and meta descriptions - tags and meta descriptions are essential features of your website's code that inform search engines about the purpose of your site. If these are incorrectly composed or not optimised for your target keywords, it might be preventing your site from ranking.
- Lack of keyword-rich content - Keyword-rich content is critical for your website to perform well in search engines for certain phrases. If you don't have enough keyword-rich material on your site, doing an audit may help you figure out where you need to add more keywords.
- Broken links and other technical issues - There are also technical issues like broken links that might harm your site's ranking. An audit can help you find and repair any problems of this sort so that your website can begin to rank more favorably.
2. Improve the structure and organization of your website. One of the most important goals of an SEO audit is to help you detect and fix any issues with your website's architecture and organization. You can make your site's architecture easier for search engines to index and understand by improving it. In addition, a well-organized website is often more user-friendly, which can help improve your visitors' experience and encourage them to come back.
3. Improved website performance. A faster load time for your site will make it more accessible to your visitors. It may also help in the improvement of your search engine ranking, as search engines such as Google consider page loading speed when determining where your site should rank in search results. If your site loads quickly, it has a greater chance of ranking higher than one
So, making your website load faster can minimize your bounce rate and increase your conversion rate. Here’s what you can do to improve your page speed:
- Check your website’s HTML code
- Optimise your images and reduce their file size
- Run a speed test
4. Identify and fix on-page optimisation issues. On-page optimisation is another crucial component of an SEO analysis, which refers to optimising individual web pages in order to boost their search rankings. There are several elements that may influence your on-page optimisation, including your page title, meta tags, and keyword density. An audit can assist you in determining any existing flaws in your on-page SEO and suggest ways to improve them.
5. Find out if your website is optimised for mobile. Mobile devices are becoming more popular than ever, and it's critical to make sure your website is mobile-friendly. Because there are so many different screen sizes and resolutions on mobile devices, it's critical to plan your site in a way that looks good on all of them. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Use responsive design: This means designing your site so that it automatically adjusts to fit the width of the browser, regardless of the device being used. This is the most effective way to ensure that your site looks good on all screen sizes.
- Use large text: Small text can be hard to read on mobile devices, so make sure your font size is large enough to be easy to read.
- Use simple designs: Complex designs can be hard to navigate on a small screen, so keep your design simple and easy to use.
Following these tips will help you ensure that your site is optimised for mobile and will provide a better experience for your visitors.
6. Repair broken links. Your website is like a house. All of the pages and links are linked together, so if one of them is broken, it can have an impact on the rest of your site. That's why it's crucial to keep an eye out for and repair any broken links on your website.
There are a few ways to find broken links on your website. You can use a tool like SemRush, Google Webmaster, Screaming Frog, or Ahrefs Broken Link Checker. Once you've found the broken links, you can either redirect them to another page on your site or remove them altogether.
You should have a solid understanding of where your site is currently positioned in terms of search engine results pages after completing an audit of your website's SEO. From there, you may begin making improvements to help your site rank higher in search results. Keep in mind that SEO is a continuous process, so stay on top of the most recent trends and changes. With a little effort, you can see significant improvements in your website's traffic and visibility. Most importantly, you will get a higher ranking on google search results!
Increase your website traffic, and convert leads to clients with our SEO strategy. Claim a free website audit for your business (worth $2k) today.