The world of marketing is ever-evolving that’s why businesses have to always stay on top of the latest trends in order to remain competitive, and one way to get your message across to customers is through SMS marketing.
Sending messaging offers a unique opportunity to reach customers directly. In fact, 70% of people agree that it's a great way for businesses to get their attention. But how does it work and what are the benefits of SMS marketing? In this blog, we will talk everything you need to know about this strategy.
What is SMS marketing?
SMS (text) marketing is one of the newest tactics that is reshaping the digital world and many businesses use this method since it gives marketers a wonderful opportunity to swiftly and efficiently reach customers.
Customers can be informed of sales, discounts, and other crucial changes with SMS marketing. Businesses can also communicate directly with clients by sending them personalised messages that are suited to their needs and interests. In fact, current data shows that text messages have an average open rate of 98% and that 91% of customers desire to hear from businesses through text messages. (source: luisazhou)
How does SMS marketing work?
The key to a successful SMS marketing campaign is having access to up-to-date customer information such as names, cell phone numbers and geographic regions since it allows businesses to target their messages to the right people at the right time. This also helps to adjust campaigns as needed and gain valuable insights into customer preferences. But how does SMS marketing work?
Like any other marketing strategy, knowing your target audience is also important when implementing SMS marketing. That's why marketers should tailor their messages based on an individual's location, age and interests in order to ensure that the message resonates with its intended recipient. Doing this will not only allow businesses to build meaningful relationships with users while engaging qualified leads but also helps to boost business success.
Moreover, the head of business development at Material Good Yoni Ben-Yehuda suggests that marketers should only use this for things like delivery updates, follow-up messages when you download a certain mobile app or program, purchase receipts, or special discounts since SMS marketing is only effective for businesses whose target market favours this method of communication.
He also added that "A text is more personal than an email, so if you're contacting the user and they haven't heard of you... you'll probably be considered spam." So offering users content via text might be effective if they recognize your brand and are familiar with your business. (source: businessnewsdaily)
Advantages of SMS marketing
SMS marketing is a great way to stay in touch with your customers and promote your business and it offers multiple advantages such as the following:
1. Cost-Effective - Compared to other kinds of communication like email or direct mail marketing, SMS texts are significantly more cost-effective. Since they require fewer resources to send out, businesses can save money on both sending costs and production costs.
2. High Open Rates - Due to their immediacy, text messages have a greater open rate than emails and other forms of communication. In contrast to emails, which only have an average open rate of about 20%, SMS often has a 98% open rate.
3. Improved Customer Engagement - SMS messages can help businesses increase customer since it gives customers the opportunity to interact with your business on a more personal level, which can lead to increased loyalty and brand recognition.
4. Easy To Track Results - Businesses may now tailor their strategies to achieve the best results possible thanks to SMS tracking technologies. In addition, they can quickly track the effectiveness of their efforts and determine what is and is not working.
5. Accessibility - People can receive text messages from businesses at any time of day or night without having to visit their email accounts or check for changes on other platforms because most people always have their phones with them. This makes it much simpler for a business to communicate with its clients and keep them updated on new goods and services.