If you're one of the 16 billion people who have watched videos on TikTok, then you know that the app can be a goldmine for finding new products. Whether it's a life-changing skincare routine or the latest fashion trend, TikTok has become the go-to place for product discovery.
TikTok has also now become one of the hottest social media platforms around. And it's not just for posting videos of yourself dancing (although that is still a big part of it). These days, the platform is being used by brands and businesses to promote their products using its new shopping feature.
In this article, we will discuss TikTok's growth into a shopping platform.
What is TikTok Shop?
The TikTok Shop Feature is a way for brands and businesses to sell their products directly to users on the app. This feature allows brands to create a short video ad or Live Videos that showcase their product, and then users can purchase the product directly from the app.
This is an excellent way for businesses to reach out to potential customers who are already using TikTok. It provides a convenient way for users to shop for products they're interested in. Plus, it's another way to ensure your favourite brands are always just a tap away!
Why TikTok Became a Powerful Social Commerce?
Did you know that over 80 per cent of social media users have purchased something they saw on a social media platform?
That's right – social commerce is taking off, and people use popular social apps like Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok to find and buy products.
This trend will only grow, so businesses need to get on board. In Australia, the social commerce industry is expected to grow by 9.2% annually to reach the US $1, 385.0 million in 2022.
A recent study by Adcombo found that TikTok users are significantly more likely to make online purchases than users of other social media platforms. This shouldn't come as a surprise, given the platform's massive popularity and global reach.
With over one billion active users worldwide and an average of 38.6% minutes spent on the app daily, it has become powerful social commerce. Here are TikTok's data on "community commerce" that transformed the app into a shopping place: (source: Shopify)
- 67% of people claim that TikTok motivated them to shop even if they had no intention of doing so.
- Compared to other social media platforms, 73% of users of TikTok feel a stronger connection to the brands they contact with.
- 78% believe that the best brands on TikTok are those that collaborate with users and share their ideas.
How to Set up a TikTok Shop
If you want to start setting up your TikTok Shop, you can head to TikTok Seller Center to sign up your business.
However, you must remember that you must fall into these categories:
Sellers. You must be located in the UK, Chinese Mainland, Hong Kong, or Indonesia. You must also prove that you are a seller in one of these countries by providing a phone number from that region, a certificate of incorporation of your business, and identification.
Creators. If you are a creator, you must have 1,000 + followers, upload videos with 50+ video views in the last 28 days, and be 18 years old. Most importantly, your account has a good standing.
If you think you are qualified, you can apply through TikTok Shop Creator Application.
Partners. You must have registered business in China, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey, the UK, or Vietnam.
Affiliates. You must be registered as a TikTik shop seller from the United Kingdom, Chinese Mailand, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, or Singapore.
Once you sign up for your shop, you must upload all required documents, add the products you offer, and link your bank account.
Then, that's all! You now have your very own TikTok Shop and can start selling your products.
Tips to Increase your sales using TikTok Shop
If you're looking to increase sales and reach a wider audience, here are four tips to help you get the most out of your TikTok Shop:
1. Use hashtags to reach a wider audience. Make sure to use relevant hashtags so that potential customers can easily find your products. Try to use popular, trending hashtags and more specific ones that relate to your product.
2. Promote your TikTok Shop. Now that you have your TikTok Shop, it's time to start promoting it! Tell everyone about your shop by creating a few videos showing your audience where your shopping tab is and how to buy your products. Use popular hashtags to get discovered and take advantage of TikTok's shoppable features.
3. Optimize your product catalogue. The shopping tab on your account is like your very own TikTok storefront. So it's essential to make sure it's optimized to attract customers. After all, who wants to shop in a messy, disorganized store? The same goes for your product catalogue. Keep it neat, and you're more likely to make a sale.
4. Partner with Influencers. Finding the ideal influencer for your brand can be a game-changer. So, try to join forces with other creators who genuinely believe in what you're offering. By giving them the space to be creative, you'll engage new viewers and sell out your products.
Following these tips can make the most out of your TikTok Shop and boost sales. So what are you waiting for? Start promoting your products on TikTok today!
Boost your sales and convert leads to clients with our social media services. Claim a free marketing audit for your business (worth $2k) today.