Starting a business in today's fast-paced world is way more harder because there are so many new competitors entering the market. That’s why you really need to have a lot of determination and hard work so you can turn your dreams into reality.
On the other hand, you still have other options to make your business successful like conducting a market research. By doing this, you can gain important information about your target audience, their behaviour, needs as well as preferences. Using the data you gathered, you will be able to make informed decisions and understand how you will present your business differently from your competitors.
But the question left is which ones are the most proven market research tools that you can use? This blog post will uncover the top 10 market research tools to help you stay on top in this competitive business environment.
Google Trends is a great tool for staying on top of the most recent issues and trends since it shows accurate data of how trendy the term you are targetting is and will also assign a score out of 100 to indicate the popularity of the term among all other keywords making it simpler for you to compare and analyze the performance of various keywords and topics.
- You can see exactly what people are searching for.
- It provides insights from all over the world whether it’s global trends or from a specific region.
- You can focus your search on particular subject areas, time frames, or even various search engines (like YouTube vs. the web).
- You can compare the popularity of topics in different regions.
- It displays additional keywords people are using in addition to your primary keyword.
- It features visual data representations that make it simpler for you to understand and share insights.
Statista is frequently referred to as a business intelligence platform due to its enormous information about the data and statistics of a variety of businesses, making it a one-stop shop for all the knowledge or data you need since it has over 80,000 topics currently available from 22,500 sources across 170 sectors.
- The platform continuously adds new reports and insights to its database.
- It provides simple navigation and quick data retrieval.
- For businesses, researchers, and marketers, Statista is a very useful tool since it helps them make wise decision and create an effective strategy plan.
- A basic account is available for free
- Pricing starts at $199/month for a starter account and $490/month (billed annually) for a personal account.
For marketers and business owners like you who want to understand your target audience and improve your online presence, Google Keyword Tool is what you need because it will provide you with valuable insights into your audience's behaviour. If you want to use Google Keyword Tool, all you need is a free Google AdWords account as this will grant you access to the tool and its features.
- You can get accurate search volume data for your chosen keywords.
- Helps you discover new keywords, expanding your reach and potential for more traffic.
- You can filter keywords by country, city or region.
- It provides a competition score for each keyword.
- Google Keyword Tool is integrated with other Google products such as Google Analytics and Google Search Console.
Semrush offers a wide range of features dedicated specifically to market research such as the tool Market Explorer feature, which provides you with quick and detailed information on your specific industry. You can easily analyze market share, identify potential opportunities and threats, and benchmark your business against your competitors.
- Easily conduct keyword research and find high-volume keywords that are relevant to your business or industry.
- Provides valuable insights such as search volume, competition level, and cost-per-click (CPC) for each keyword.
- Has a variety of features that can assist you in optimizing your website for better organic traffic.
- Offers a suite of tools to help you create and optimize your content.
- Provides in-depth competitor analysis.
- Semrush's advertising research feature gives you valuable data on your competitors' ad strategies.
- Offers free account with limited features.
- Pricing starts at $129.95/month for a pro account, $249.95/month for a guru account, and $499.95/month for a business account.
Ahrefs is an all-in-one SEO tool that helps you analyze your website's search performance, track your competitors, and discover new keyword opportunities. It offers a wide range of features to help your business improve its online presence and get more organic traffic.
Moreover, it helps you to learn more about the search landscape of your market, discover what keywords your customers are searching for, track your competitors, and analyze content in your industry making it less time-consuming whenever you plan your marketing strategy.
- Analyze any website or URL and get insights into its backlink profile, top-performing pages, referring domains, and more.
- Research keywords and get data on search volume, keyword difficulty, clicks per search, and more.
- Find new keyword ideas related to your target topic or niche.
- Track your website's ranking for specific keywords
- Monitor how your competitors are performing for the same keywords you use.
- Identify any technical SEO issues that affect your website performance.
- Website owners can get free limited access to Ahrefs site explorer and site audit tools if they sign up for Ahrefs Webmaster Tools.
- Paid plans start at $99/month for a lite account, $199/month for a standard account, $399/month for an advanced account, and $999/month for an enterprise account.
- If you decide to pay annually, you can get a 2-month free access as well as a discount. For instance, a lite account starts at $83, a standard account is $166, an advanced account is $333, and an enterprise account is $833.
AnswerThePublic generates all probable sentences or questions people might be searching for connected to the keyword you type. By just typing a word, there are a lot of data that can be gathered. In fact according to their home page, "There are 3 billion Google searches every day, and 20% of those have never been seen before".
And that's exactly what AnswerThePublic does - it collects and analyzes this data to provide valuable insights for businesses and marketers.
- Provide a comprehensive list of keyword suggestions related to your chosen keyword.
- It can generate questions related to a given keyword.
- Has a preposition analysis which allows you to understand how people are using a particular keyword in combination with other words.
- The tool provides a variety of charts and graphs that display search trends and patterns.
- It offers localization options for over 20 countries.
- Allows you to compare search data for two different keywords.
- Sign up for a 7-day zero-risk free trial and cancel it anytime.
- A paid account starts at $5/month for an individual account, $49/month for a pro account, and $99/month for an expert account.
- Lifetime access cost of $50 for individual accounts. If you want to pay annually, it starts at $39/month (Pay $468 upfront) for a pro account and $79/month (Pay $948 upfront) for an expert account.
SurveyMonkey is one of the most well-known survey tools available since it offers a comprehensive list of features and capabilities to create audience surveys. This platform has over 250 pre-mad templates and you also have the option to personalized surveys making it a user-friendly interface.
- It has built-in AI-powered knowledge that helps guide users in creating effective and relevant questions for their surveys.
- Offers a variety of question types to choose from including multiple choice, rating scales, and open-ended questions.
- Allows users to distribute their surveys in various ways.
- Offers advanced analytical tools such as real-time results, customizable dashboards, and data filters.
- Easy collaboration between team members
- It can be integrated with various third-party apps
- Offers new users a free basic tier with unlimited surveys featuring up to 10 questions and 25 responses per survey.
- Individual plans start at $39/month and include up to 15,000 replies annually as well as limitless surveys and questions.
- Plans for teams start at three users and cost $25 per user per month. This subscription offers 50,000 replies annually but also gives you unrestricted access to surveys and questions.
Any good business plan must include market research. So whether you are a new startup or an already established business, constantly conducting market research will give you valuable insights that can help drive your business forward.
Doing thorough research will help you understand your target audience and their needs, wants, and preferences, making it efficient for you to tailor your products or services to meet their demands. Moreover, it will not only attract and retain customers but also position your business as a leader in the marketplace.