If you're in the business of mortgages, then you know that social media is now an essential part of your marketing strategy. After all, what other platform has turned traditional marketing so thoroughly on its head?
But just because social media is a must for your mortgage business doesn't mean that it's easy to use effectively. In fact, with all of the different platforms and constantly changing algorithms, it can be downright daunting.
That's why we've put together the best ways to promote your mortgage business on social media. We'll cover the basics of each strategy and give you some tips and tricks for making the most out of your social media marketing.
Ways to Promote Your Mortgage Business on Social Media
1. Use platforms that make sense for your business.
Not all social media platforms are created equal. While it might be tempting to try to be active on every single one, it’s important to focus your efforts on the platforms that will work best for your business. Here are a few tips to help you choose the best social media platforms for your business:
- Identify your target audience. The first step is to identify your target audience. Who are you trying to reach with your social media marketing? Once you know who your target audience is, you can start to narrow down which platforms they’re most likely to be using.
- Research your options. Once you know who your target audience is, it’s time to do some research and find out which platforms they’re using. You can use a tool like Sprout Social to help you with this. Just enter your target audience’s demographics and interests, and Sprout will give you a list of the best social media platforms for reaching them.
- Consider your resources. Another important factor to consider is your own resources. How much time and money are you willing to invest in social media marketing? If you’re short on time or budget, it might not be realistic to try to be active on all of the major social media platforms. In that case, it’s better to focus your efforts on a few platforms that will work best for your business.
- Experiment and adjust. Finally, don’t be afraid to experiment with different social media platforms and see what works best for your business. There is no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to social media marketing, so it’s important to find the right mix of platforms for your unique business.
2. Create shareable content
As a mortgage owner, you know the importance of content marketing on social media. After all, content marketing is one of the key ways to spread the word about your brand and build a following. This type of content is not only informative and interesting, but it’s also easy to share with others.
But what makes content shareable? And how can you ensure that your content gets shared by as many people as possible? Check out these tips that will help you create shareable content.
- Write headlines that pack a punch
- Use images and videos
- Keep it short and sweet
- Be entertaining and informative
- Appeal to people’s emotion
Creating shareable content may take some extra effort, but it’s definitely worth it. Not only will you reach a wider audience, but you’ll also build relationships, establish yourself as an expert, and open up new business opportunities.
3. Paid Advertising
If you're in the mortgage business, paid advertising can be a great way to reach new customers and grow your business. Here are some of the advantages of using paid advertising:
- You can target your ads to specific audiences. With paid advertising, you can target your ads to specific groups of people based on factors like age, location, interests, and more. This ensures that your ads are being seen by people who are most likely to be interested in what you have to offer.
- You can reach a large number of people quickly. Paid ads allow you to reach a large number of people in a short amount of time. This is especially beneficial if you're looking to reach a large audience with your message quickly.
- You can track your results. This allows you to see which ads are working and which ones aren't so you can adjust your campaign accordingly.
Paid advertising is a great way to reach new customers and grow your mortgage business. By taking advantage of the targeting, reach, and tracking capabilities, you can create a successful campaign that helps you achieve your business goals.
Boost your sales and convert leads to clients with our social media services. Claim a free marketing audit for your business (worth $2k) today.
4. Use Relevant Hashtags
Hashtags are a great way to reach a wider audience on social media. By using relevant hashtags, your mortgage content is more likely to be seen by people who are interested in what you have to say. So how do you choose the right hashtags?
First, take a look at your target audience. What keywords would they be searching for? Make a list of these keywords and then do some research to see which hashtags are being used most frequently. Once you have a good list of potential hashtags, it's time to test them out. Use a mix of popular and niche hashtags to see what works best for your content. And don't forget to monitor your results so you can adjust your strategy as needed.
5. Provide Value
Most mortgage businesses are aware of the need to be present on social media. But many struggles with what to post, and how to create content that will engage their target audience.
The key to success on social media is creating content that provides value to your audience. This can take many forms, but some examples include:
- Sharing industry news and insights
- Providing helpful tips and advice
- Sharing interesting or funny stories related to your business
- Showcasing your products or services in a new light
Creating content that provides value will not only help you build a following on social media, but it will also make people more likely to do business with you. So if you're looking to boost your social media presence and engage your target audience, start by creating mortgage content that provides value.
There's no doubt that social media has a lot of advantages for your mortgage business. Not only does it give you a way to connect with potential and current clients, but it also allows you to reach a wider audience than ever before.
However, simply having a social media account isn't enough. In order to really see results, you need to put in the time and effort to create quality content and promote your mortgage business effectively.
Get Our Modern Broker Method System
A plug-and-play marketing package for mortgage brokers. These are proven and tested marketing methods that are specifically tailored to your services.